How to Create a Cloze Test
A cloze test is a great way to check if your students really understand the words and the situation they’re used in. Recommended question types you can use to create a cloze test: Fill in the blanks and Drag and drop text.
Here's a preview of a cloze test with drag-and-drop and fill-in-the-blanks question types:
Benefits of using the cloze test:
- Improves reading comprehension: It helps learners infer the meaning of words from the context and improves their ability to grasp the main idea of a text.
- Enhances vocabulary skills: It exposes students to new words and phrases and helps them expand and use their vocabulary.
- Engages learners in active learning: It challenges students to think critically and creatively and motivates them to participate actively in the learning process.
1. Click Add Question in the quiz editor.
2. Select any of the following question types:
- Drag & Drop > Drag & Drop Text and click Add.
- Fill in the blanks and click Add.
3. Compose your cloze test question, incorporating blank spaces at appropriate points. Encourage learners to complete these blanks using either:
A- The drag-and-drop technique (for the drag-and-drop question type), or
B- Manually filling them in (for the fill-in-the-blanks question type).
Once done, you can preview your question.