How to Create a Multiple-Choice Quiz
Multiple choice or objective response is a form of an objective assessment in which respondents are asked to select only correct answers from the choices offered as a list. Creating a multiple-choice quiz is one of the best ways to access your learners' knowledge accurately.
You can create many kinds of quizzes using a variety of question types, such as matching quizzes, fill-in-the-blanks, true or false, etc. To learn more, please read: What question types do you support?
Here's a preview of a multiple-choice question type:
Benefits of a multiple choice quiz in a nutshell
- It saves you time as the grading is automated
- Only one choice can be selected, so ideal for a test on factual topics. If you want to allow multiple selections, try the checkbox question
- It can be used for both scored & personality quizzes
- Easy to create numerous questions on different topics
- It allows you to create engaging quizzes using a variety of multiple-choice question layouts
- An efficient way of testing the knowledge of large batches of learners
Here's how you can add a multiple-choice question to your quiz:
Step 1. Navigate to "Create A Quiz" and select "Create Scored Quiz." A new quiz will be created, and you will be redirected to the quiz editor.
Step 2. Describe your quiz by adding the title and description (instructions for learners, if any).
Step 3. To add a question, click Add Question on the editor and select "Multiple Choice" from the overlay window.
Step 4. Enter the question and add the answer choices. Also, do remember to mark the correct answer.
Additionally, you can do the following:
- Select the answer option type: Multiple-Choice & Dropdown (For single answers), Checkbox (For multiple answers)
- Enable/disable media to add/upload images or videos. Also, you can enable image-only answers in the Advanced settings after enabling media.
- Select the layout for answer options from the menu.
- Delete the question.
You will find the following Advanced settings to modify:
1. Feedback- You can add common feedback for the question or add feedback for correct & incorrect answers or each answer option.
2. Tags- Add tags for advanced organization.
3. Branching- Use skip logic or branching to redirect quiz takers based on their answer selection.
4. Required Question- Make the question mandatory by selecting this option.
5. Grading- Select the option to ensure the answer impacts scoring.
6. Image-Only Answer- You can add only images for answer options.
7. Comment- You can allow quiz takers to add their comments for their answer choices. Once enabled, it will be a required option.
That is all about creating a multiple-choice quiz.