How to Create a Video Interview Question
Video is the new currency of communication, learning, and knowledge assessment. ProProfs puts an end to passive quizzing by introducing the ‘Record Video’ question type. This question type is popularly used for video interviews and allows your quiz takers to respond by uploading or recording a live video.
- Video interview questions can be used by recruiters & hiring managers to capture candidate responses through video and scale the hiring process.
For example, while taking an assessment test, the candidate comes across an open question like: Can you tell us about yourself? They can simply click the "Record" button and answer it.
- Businesses can create video questions to ask customers for video testimonials or feedback.
For example, when asked the question - ‘Please tell us what you like the most about our product’, the customer can simply click ‘Record’ to share their thoughts. These videos can then be downloaded and added to your testimonials page.
- Language teachers & corporate trainers can ask learners to "Record a video answer" as an engaging question type as well as a deeper way to assess personality, style, and knowledge.
For example, students can answer the question ‘How would you greet someone in German?’ by recording their video response. Or corporate trainers may ask hiring managers to “Please record a video of yourself explaining what our company does.”
- Marketing professionals can use ‘record a video question’ for interviewing authors, entrepreneurs, and celebrities for their social media campaigns.
For example, won’t it be really easy for an author to answer the question - ‘When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? by just clicking the ‘Record’ button and sharing their experience with the world.
- Scale hiring with video interview questions
- A fun and engaging way for users to answer questions
- A great tool for learners and students to present their ideas, projects
- A simple way to request customers to record video testimonials
In this article, you’ll learn:
Step 1: Go to Questions >> find More question types and click ‘Record Video’ to add it to your quiz.
Step 2: Customize the question as required as shown in the screenshot below.
1. Enter a title for the question. By default, it displays “Tell us about yourself”.
2. Add an image to the question. If you want, you can disable this option by switching the Media option Off (point 6).
3. Enter a description explaining what your question is about.
4. Under Advanced, you can enter tags (visible only to you) to organize similar questions.
5. You can make the question mandatory for quiz takers.
6. Set the maximum number of retakes allowed to record the video answer. You can allow up to five retakes or even set 'No Limit.'
7. Enable the Media option to enter an image for this question. This is related to point 2.
8. You can provide the following three choices to your quiz takers: Record answer, Upload answer file, or Record answer or upload file.
9. Select the recording length of the video from a minimum of 15 seconds to a maximum of 10 minutes.
10. Delete this question if you want.
Once you’re done customizing the video question, click Save. The video question stands successfully added to the quiz.
Here are some sample questions that you can ask a candidate in your ‘Record Video’ question type:
Interview Questions for HR Screening
- Please tell us about yourself in 2 minutes or less.
- What interests you about this position?
- What skill or experience makes you a good candidate for this position?
- If you didn't have to work, what would you prefer doing?
- What are your strengths?
Sales Interview Sample Video Questions
- What is the last thing you sold and why should I buy it?
- What is your best memory of a sale you won?
- Tell us about a sale you lost.
- Why do sales interest you?
- How do you handle rejection or objections from a prospect?
Technical Interview Sample Video Questions
- What do you like the most about working in technology?
- Who is your role model in the technology world?
- What technical skills make you a good candidate for this position?
- What’s your favorite programming language, and why?
- What technology are you most proficient in?
Customer Service Interview Sample Video Questions
- How would you handle an angry customer?
- What does good customer service mean to you?
- What makes you interested in customer support?
- How do you deal with a difficult customer?
- Tell us about a time when you turned an unhappy customer into a happy one.
Administration Interview Sample Video Questions
- What does a job well done mean to you?
- What tools do you use to stay organized?
- What are your greatest professional strengths?
- How do you manage stressful situations?