How to Create a Drag-and-Drop Quiz
A drag-and-drop quiz question allows quiz takers to arrange answers in the correct order or location interactively. ProProfs Quiz Maker offers this question type to make quizzes more engaging for participants.
Here is an example of a drag-and-drop quiz question:
Benefits of adding a drag-and-drop quiz question:
- Allows quiz takers to actively participate by arranging answers in the correct order or location.
- Improve their understanding and retention of the material being tested.
- Make the quiz-taking experience more enjoyable and memorable for the quiz-takers.
To Add a Drag-And-Drop Question Type
Step 1: Click Add Question in the quiz editor.
Step 2: Select Drag & Drop in the question panel and click Add.
Here's what the question will look like in the editor.
Step 3: Replace the placeholder with your question and click Add Response to add boxes at the required places. You will see corresponding answer fields for every box you will add.
Step 4: Mention the correct answers in the required fields in the order you want quiz takers to arrange.
Step 5: Add distractors or incorrect answer options. You can add multiple wrong answers.
Step 6: Expand the advanced settings section to configure the following:
1. Feedback: Add a comment for the questions as a whole or provide separate feedback for both correct & incorrect options. The feedback will appear after the quiz taker’s attempt.
2. Tags: Add tags for easy grouping of questions.
3. Required Question: Make the question mandatory using this option.
4. Grading: Include the question into your grading system using this option.
5. Media: Add an image to your question by enabling it.
6. Delete: Remove the question from your quiz.
Once you have configured your question and its settings, you can preview it. Go to Preview > Question Preview.
Here’s what the preview will look like.
That's all you need to know about creating a drag-and-drop quiz in ProProfs Quiz Maker.