How to Create a Multi-sectional Exam
ProProfs Quiz Maker lets you assess users across multiple subjects by creating a single exam. The multi-sectional exam consists of different sections with individual grading to help instructors track progress in each topic.
A multi-sectional exam becomes helpful when you want to create a standalone quiz with different sections, each scored/timed differently. The student moves to the next section after completing the previous one.
Let's say you want to create a multi-sectional quiz and you have the following requirements:
1. You have 3 different quizzes, viz. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with 50 questions in each.
2. Now, you want to test your learners on all the 3 topics by assigning them a single Science Exam.
3. The Science Exam will have 50 Physics questions, 50 Chemistry questions, and 50 Biology questions.
4. Though the quiz will actually be a single exam, the grading of each section (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) will be done separately.
You can achieve all of the above requirements by creating a multi-sectional exam.
In this article, you will learn
- You can add a link to the next exam at the end of the previous exam by customizing the message at the end of the exam.
- You can deliver the sections through the "Quiz Maker" classroom as independent quizzes.
Step 1. Create a quiz for each section in "Quiz Maker." In this case, we have created 3 quizzes (Physics, Chemistry, and Maths).
Step 2: Go to "Training Maker" and add the quizzes as pages to the course chapter, as shown in the images below.
Please read our help article on how to set up a series of quizzes for your learners to learn in detail how you can add quizzes to pages in a course.
Step 3: Select the relevant quiz to add to the training course.
Repeat steps 2 & 3 to add the quizzes for the multi-sectional exam.
Step 4: Once done, go to Settings >> Advance and disable Skipping Pages. Also, enable the option to make quizzes mandatory. Click Save.
Step 5: Share the course with your students.
The greatest benefit of a multi-sectional exam is that once learners finish taking the exam, you can view the reports of all the sections on one screen.
To view the reports of all the different quiz sections in a multi-sectional exam,
Step 1: Go to "Reports" of the course that you shared with the learners.
Once you click on Reports, you can view the scores your learners attained in each of the quizzes listed in your multi-sectional exam.
That is all about creating a multi-sectional exam.