How to Enable Cheating Prevention Features in a Quiz
ProProfs Quiz Maker lets you enforce fair practices for quiz takers while they’re taking a quiz. You can use different cheating prevention methods to cheat-proof your assessments, such as proctoring, questions and answer shuffling, timed quizzes, question pooling, preventing tab-switching, and so on.
For example, with the question and answer shuffling enabled, here’s how the same question displays to different quiz takers:
Quiz Taker A sees this view:
Quiz Taker B sees this view:
Cheating prevention will ensure:
You have fair reports & results
You can assess performance & provide feedback
You can improve the credibility of your quizzes
In this article, you’re going to learn how to leverage the following cheating prevention methods:
Randomize Question Display
Shuffle the answer options inside a question
Add a Time limit
Disable Tab Switching
Privacy & Security Controls
1. Question Pooling: Select questions from a pool at random, so each person gets a different quiz.
2. Randomize Question Display: Shuffle the questions so they are never presented in the same order. This ensures that two quiz takers sitting side by side do not get the same order of questions.
3. Shuffle the answer options inside a question: For added security, you can even shuffle the answer option such that options (such as A, B, C, and D in multiple choice questions) are not always in the same order when a question is presented. That way, no one can take an answer key from another student.
4. Add a Time limit: Set a total duration for the quiz, so students only have enough time to finish a test and not enough to find answers from books, the internet, etc.
5. Proctoring: Monitor learners during an exam via screen sharing and their webcam and microphone.
6. Disable Tab Switching: Do not allow exam takers to switch tabs or browsers to check answers.
7. Privacy & Security Controls: Protect your quiz using a password and share it with only those you want to take it. Also, you can privatize your quiz for selected users & groups.
8. Require ID: Use the lead generation form to ask for IDs, such as Employee ID or Student ID, to prevent unauthorized access to your quiz.
In addition to these options, check out a few more methods to prevent cheating on a quiz.