How to Upload Multiple User Details to an Online Classroom
With ProProfs, you can upload the details of multiple users to your classroom at the single click of a button. You can upload an entire class or employee roster list in one go into the system. This is an easy way to create hundreds of user accounts in a single step.
As shown in the image below, you can quickly upload user details such as their Emails, Names, Phone Numbers, Ids, Addresses, State, City, Country, and Zip codes using a sample spreadsheet we provide. Along with this, you can also set up user Passwords, Statuses, and Expiration Dates and assign them to Groups.
Most fields, such as name, email, password, etc, are self-explanatory. Below is an explanation of some advanced fields:
- Status: In this field, you can add the status of users such as "active" (these users will be able to log in to Quiz Maker, access the quizzes, and view their reports) or "inactive" (users can no longer log in and do not have access to the account/content anymore. However, all their previous data & records remain intact for the instructor to view. This status can be used for past employees or students whose data is still needed). The third option is "delete." This is for users whose records you want to delete permanently.
- Expiration Date: Keeping in mind the high churn of employees in construction companies or retail environments, we added the "expiration date." You can set a specific date for a user, and on that date, the user's status will automatically be changed to inactive.
- Groups: You can quickly assign the user to 5 groups from the sheet itself.
Step 1: On your ProProfs Quiz Maker dashboard, click Users.
Step 2: Click + New User to add users or learners to your classroom.
Step 3: In the Add Users dialog, switch to Import (1). You can add multiple users and their details in bulk by using any of the following options - Gmail and Microsoft Excel. Let's upload user details through Microsoft Excel.
- Click the radio button next to Microsoft Excel (2) and download the respective sample file (3) to see all the required fields to be filled as user details. In case you have your own Excel file, make sure that it has the same fields/columns in the same order as in the downloaded sample file.
- After adding user details to the sample file, rename it as you like, and upload the same file by clicking the Upload (4) button.
Once the user details are imported, you will see the confirmation, as shown below.
Step 4: Click Done to finish uploading the file.
Below is the sample updated user list.